a) Leveling. Level the surface where the tile is going to be placed with mortar, leveling it at the mason line level.
b) Drip Edge Masonry; install the drip of galvanized sheet No. 22 caliber, in order to avoid stains on the flagstone molding. This drip should be pierced every 50 cm to allow the water flow.
c) Water Seal. Seal the entire slab including the galvanized sheet.
2. Leveling Mortar
The first tile at the bottom of the flagstone requires the leveling mortar. Apply the mortar to the entire edge of the flagstone.
3. Line Level
Install the leveling line from the watershed to the bottom edge of the flagstone for reference and to align the tiles lengthwise.
4. Installation Sequence
The tile is installed from left to right and from the lowest part of the roof to the highest part. The tile is set with 16 gauge galvanized wire or a 2” nail. Lay the first tile in the lower left corner of the installation area.
5. Lay the next higher row with a 10 cm overlap. The design of its corners ensures its correct installation. Continue until the first column is complete.
6. In the next column, start by matching the diagonal corners of the tile to be placed with the corners of the already installed tile.
7. Verify that the bottom end of the newly placed tile matches the leading tile in the first column.
8. Tiles from the second column must cover the diagonal corners of the corresponding left column. This lateral overlap is equivalent to 6 cm.
9. Continue the roof tile installation until the entire area is covered. Finally, install ridgepoles.