1. Dampen the Ecomuro before installing it. Do not submerge or saturate the Ecomuro in water, simply wet it with a pot of water.
2. Traditional masonry tools are sufficient. It does not require special tools for correct installation.
3. As with any wall system, we recommend the use of a level, plumb line and mason’s line to properly align and plumb the product.
4. Install our products with cement-sand mortar in a 1:5 ratio. For lighter nozzles or to reduce alkalis and thus avoid saltpeter, we recommend the use of “masonry cement” in a 1:5 ratio.
5. Make cuts and slots with electric diamond polishers for clean, precise and waste-free cuts. Wet sawing and use of masks against dust is recommended.
6. Get excellent strength when installing the product with mortar, allowing the mortar to enter the holes in the product.
7. The holes that the product presents can be used to drown metal rods that vertically reinforce the wall, avoiding the use of castles.
8. To clean your finished wall, clean with a dry broom and wire brush taking care not to damage the brick, or with a solution diluted in water: 10:1 muriatic acid. Brush and allow it to dry. Rinse with water after cleaning.
9. If the wall will not have a finish, we recommend spraying a clay sealant with a sprinkler so that moisture does not filter through the nozzles. If the wall is going to be covered with plaster or stucco, moisten the wall before placing the plasters.
10. To drill, we recommend the use of a rotary hammer with drill bit for concrete and anchoring.